NNN aims to create maximum safety for each participant. But, unfortunately, periodically attackers still get access to the Office of the Community’s members.
In 99% of cases this is the fault of the participants themselves, who were too trusting or allowed to infect their computer with malware.
We want you to be careful and not allow the scammers to steal your data, so we have created detailed instructions on how to protect yourself from intruders.
NNN DOES NOT ASK FOR A PASSWORD AND DOES NOT OFFER PAID SERVICES
Scammers can enjoy participants’ trustfulness:
- A scammer gets in touch with you (via social networks, whatsapp, etc.) and introduces himself as NNN administration.
- He makes up a reason (e.g. the suspicion of fraud) and asks you to send your password to the account for so-called reliability verification.
- You believe him and send the password. The scammer changes the account data and transfers NAVRO to his bank details.
Remember: NNN admin never asks for your password in any circumstances. Only you know the password. Don’t give it to anyone, especially to the fake administration!
The majority of the participants know that NNN does not ask for a password, so the scammers have other ways and offer paid services on behalf of the administration:
- The scammer contacts you (via social networks, chat, etc.) and introduces himself as NNN administration.
- He offers the solution of your problem: to unlock your account, to make this process twice faster, to consider the ticket right now and so on, asking for a certain amount, e.g. #100,000.00.
- You are happy that the account will be unlocked and send #100,000.00 to the scammer. As a result, you lost #100,000.00, and the account remained blocked.
Remember: NNN admin never offers any paid services and doesn’t take money from the participants. If you are asked to transfer money to the account of NNN admin for some services — you are cheated!
CREATE A COMPLICATED PASSWORD AND KEEP IT SAFE
The attacker can get the password of the Personal Office without trying to have it out by fraud from you personally. Scammers use software to generate passwords and choose the cipher automatically. If the password is too simple — you are under threat of hacking.
The password has 5 categories of complexity:
- Very simple. Such password is easy to pick out even for a beginning hacker. It often consists of letters or numbers in a consecutive order on the keyboard.
Examples: qwerty; 123456.
- Simple. The password consists of letters (often a word) or numbers (usually date of birth), without a consecutive order on the keyboard. It’s too easy to crack.
Examples: negroid; 140694.
- Average. The password consists of letters and numbers, of more than 8 characters. This password is difficult to crack, but if the hacker is advanced, he can do it.
Examples: masquerade1234; password123.
- Complex. This password is hard to crack even for the advanced hacker. It has more than 11 characters, it consists of different letter cases (large and small) and numbers.
Examples: b@TMan~Returns; NNNforEver7782.
- Very complex. Such passwords will bring problems even to the state security services, not to mention usual hackers. Such passwords are at least of 15 characters, contain upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
Examples: tHiSP@ssw-orDneveRbeH-A-c-k-ED_55278; ToGE-therWE%chanGe_theWORLD_17
To keep your Personal Office safe, use difficult and very complex passwords. Change passwords every 3-6 months.
If you find it difficult to come up with a complex password, use the online generators:
Do not keep your passwords in a text document on your computer, memorize them and write down on a piece of paper, put it in a safe place.
For additional convenience and security you can use a free password Manager KeePass — http://keepass.com/. The passwords will be stored in a secure database. Create one complex password for access to the program. This password can be used to log any other sites in.
Remember: Scammers use programs to guess passwords. To protect your Office, create complex passwords of 11 and more characters with numbers and mixed letter cases
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF HACKING
If you failed to protect yourself and the scammer hacked your account — do not panic. What you can do to regain control of your account.
- Send a message to the admins from the contact form and we will contact you and help you stop a hacker from transferring your Navros.
2. Contact online support
To be a victim of the hacking is annoying, but not fatal. Don’t let scammers steal access to your account.
Before you continue to participate in NNN, follow these steps:
- Scan the PC and the smartphone with your antivirus. Clean them from the malicious files.
- Make sure that intruders do not have access to your e-mail address. Be sure to change the password to the e-mail.
- Change the password to your Office.
Remember: if you are hacked, don’t panic. Inform NNN admin. If the scammer has created a request for assistance, ask the sender not to transfer money. Clean your computer and smartphone from viruses and change your password to the e-mail. Then change your password to your Office.
Follow these rules and do not allow criminals to deceive you — to infect your computer, steal money or information.